The Victorian Government Department of Health and Human Services vision, definition of role, and strategic goals for the Victorian Integrated Cancer Services are presented below.
Improving patient experiences and outcomes by connecting cancer care and driving best practice.
The ICS Role
- Building relationships between providers, health services and sectors to plan cancer services across a geographic area based on access, appropriateness and effectiveness
- Engaging with consumers and clinicians to inform projects and programs of work
- Supporting the implementation of best practice models of cancer care
- Improving the effectiveness of cancer care through system coordination and integration
- Systematically monitoring processes and outcomes of cancer care to improve system-wide performance.
Goal 1: A networked cancer care system
Goal 2: High quality cancer care
Goal 3: A research-informed cancer care system
The work of the PICS is directed by the PICS Strategic Plan 2016-19. The plan provides a vision, strategic goals and actions to enhance our role as a leader, resource and advocate for Victorian paediatric cancer care.